Cancer Awareness Week
Dear Woods Family,
Has cancer affected you or someone close to you? You are not alone. Cancer is a horrible disease that needs community support.
Woods will be celebrating the lives of people who have been affected by this life changing disease.
This week long celebration to raise awareness and funds to be donated to the Kay Yow cancer fund.
Here is the website if you would like to check it out. http://kayyow.com/2015/11/17/the-history-of-play-4kay/
Below is the list of the week’s events.
We hope to see you all there!
Cancer Awareness Week January 17th - 20th
* Bake sale every day at middle School and high School lunch. * Pink gear will be sold every day at elementary lunch.
* Pink gear will be sold at the basketball games.
* Warrior Wall in the great room.
* Luminaries will be lit Tuesday for the Boy’s middle School game and Friday during Women’s and Men’s Varsity’s game. Please see link below for information on how to purchase one. https://goo.gl/forms/BhUWTkaJ7HSbu0ik1
Tuesday, January 17th
- Paint the stands PINK – Come out and show off your Pink!!!
- Middle School Basketball team plays Voyager Game times 4:30 and 5:45
- Half- court shot between games. $1.00 a ticket (Winner receives $5.00 in Wolf cash for concessions)
- Luminaries to be honored during 1/2 time boys game
Wednesday, January 18th
- Varsity basketball game East Wake Game time 6:00 and 7:30
- Half-court shot between games. $1.00 a ticket (Winner receives $5.00 in Wolf cash for concessions)
Thursday, January 19th
- Elementary Door decorating
- Extended Advisory Cancer door decorating
- M/S and H/S "Pink Catwalk" during lunch. Winner will receive a sash and $5.00 of Wolf cash for concessions. Our own Mr. Herzing will MC this!
Friday January 20th
- Elementary Door walk
- Hooping it for Kaman – This will be a special day to honor one of our own. Special guest Jane Kaman will be speaking during the women’s halftime.
- Varsity BB game Kestrel Heights game times 6:00 and 7:30
- Luminaries to be honored during half-time men's game
- Kiss away Cancer wall.
- Breakfast and Beyond Food Vendor will be here starting 5:45.
- This weeks menu attached.