- Home >
- Vision, Mission, and "The Woods Way"
Vision, Mission, and "The Woods Way"
Latest draft - June 14, 2012
We envision a world where every young person wholeheartedly engages in
an extraordinary educational journey that leads to a life of leadership and service.
· We value the pursuit of academic excellence that develops knowledge of classical liberal arts and modern science.
· We value our collaborative community, which is an essential catalyst for academic growth, physical and emotional well being, and artistic expression.
· We value our passionate and caring faculty, who are fully committed to actively engaging with colleagues, parents, and students to ensure success for every student.
· We value parental volunteerism and support, which is critical to achieving our mission.
· We value strong relationships characterized by mutual respect and trust.
· We value compassion and inclusivity that create an environment where students are enriched by their differences and diversity is celebrated.
· We value an awareness of and engagement with the world that compels students to active lives of service.
Thank you to our Visioning Team!
- Board Chair Deedee Nachman, Chair of Visioning Committee
- Head of School/Principal Harrell Rentz
- Assistant Principal & High School Director Cotton Bryan
- Elementary Liaison & Teacher Julie Rosen
- Parent Erica Berry
- Parent Katy McReynolds
- Foundation President Donald Beeson
- Alumna & Former Teacher Nicole Gerber
- Consultant (Executive Service Corps) Mary Alexion